THE Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) has distributed about P15 million worth of relief assistance to flood-affected families in three component areas of the region.
BARMM's Ministry of Social Services and Development (MSSD) on Wednesday announced that at least 76,000 families or 380,000 individuals in the affected areas have been displaced.
MSSD Disaster Response Management Division chief Hasim Guiamil said they have so far provided 25,208 food packages to the flood victims.
"Our relief operation is continuing," Guiamil also said, noting that relief missions are also ongoing in other flooded areas of the region.
He added that each family was given 25 kilos of rice, various canned goods and non-food items as initial relief.
delivered to your inbox
Massive floods submerged at least 13 of Maguindanao's 36 towns after persistent rains since the last week of July.
Floods also inundated most of the 63 villages in the Special Geographic Area in North Cotabato that are now part of BARMM, 20 of the 36 villages in Cotabato City and parts of Lanao del Sur.
In Maguindanao, 105 villages in 13 towns have been under water.
The situation prompted BARMM Chief Minister Ahod Ebrahim to place the entire region under a state of calamity on Aug. 18, 2022.